The Commodity Futures Trading Commission recently adopted a rule that requires all Commodity Trading Advisors to provide its’ customers with a privacy notice regarding the disclosure of non-public personal information. OptionSellers.com is providing you with this notice in accordance with such rule.
In servicing your needs, we collect personal information about you to the extent necessary to enable us to perform those services. The following may be obtained by OptionSellers.com:
- Information provided in completion of customer account agreements and other related documents and forms provided at the time or subsequent to the account for review and approval process
- Information resulting from your transactions at OptionSellers.com or with others.
- Information received from outside entities, including consumer reporting agencies, relating to the application approval process.
- Information obtained from your use of OptionSellers.com’s web site and other online services. Such information may be available by the utilization of a User ID and password assigned by OptionSellers.com or from an OptionSellers.com “cookie” or OptionSellers.com service provider’s cookie.
Personal Information Limitations and Retention
Personal information is retained and disclosed only as necessary to service our customers. Personal information about current and former customers is only used or disclosed to third parties in the following limited circumstances, and in accordance with applicable law:
- As required to process or service your account or transaction (wire transfers, withdrawals, etc.)
- As permitted by law to our service providers, including those that perform marketing services on our behalf. OptionSellers.com will monitor these providers and make reasonable efforts to ensure that there is privacy and security regarding your information.
- As required by regulators, tax authorities and examiners, law enforcement personnel and/or response to a subpoena or legal process whereby OptionSellers.com believes that such disclosure is required.
- As may be appropriate to protect against fraud or illegal activity for the safety of customers, employees, or property, or is otherwise permitted by law.
- As you may disclose or specifically direct the firm to disclose on your behalf, personal information to a third party.
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
OptionSellers.com protects the confidentiality and security of your personal information by implementing and maintaining appropriate security safeguards. Examples of our safeguards include:
- Restricting access to your personal information to those employees who need to know such information in order to provide products or services to you.
- Maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
OptionSellers.com strives to keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary. Please contact LTG immediately if you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information so your records may be updated.
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to affiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to affiliated third parties, you may call the office at 813-472-5760 and we will make other arrangements for you to communicate with the appropriate parties necessary to continue servicing your account accordingly.